The Blue Chips are a recurring collectable in the NiGHTS series. They are floating shiny blue orbs that can be found throughout the levels.
NiGHTS into Dreams
Each Blue Chip collected also adds 10 more points to the player's score. After recovering the Ideya, the chips turn from blue to gold, and each Golden Chip collected will add 20 more points to the player's score.
When the player runs out of time, NiGHTS will unfuse with the Visitors and all of the Blue Chips the player had collected will be scattered around.
Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams
The Blue Chips are once again, used to break Ideya Captures and recover stolen ideyas. Also, the player once again gets 10 points for each Blue Chip collected and 20 for each Golden one.
In this game, the Blue Chips twink in many different colors.
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
In level segments where the player controls NiGHTS, the Blue Chips don't have any important purpose and they are simply used to make the score higher. They also don't turn into gold at any moment of the game.
In this game, the Blue Chips most notable role happens during the level segments where the player controls Will and Helen. The visitors can collect the Blue Chips and toss them at the Nightmarens to protect themselves. The Blue Chips can also be used by the visitors to feed the Nightopians.
- NiGHTS into Dreams (LCD): The Blue Chips appear in the LCD adaptation of NiGHTS into Dreams. Their function is the same as in NiGHTS into Dreams.
- Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX: A Blue Chip appears in both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX as a card in the NiGHTS thematic pinball table from Casinopolis.
- Phantasy Star Online and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg: Both games feature an 8-bit NiGHTS into Dreams mini game called NiGHTS ~ Score Attack ~, where the player controls NiGHTS through Spring Valley. NiGHTS must collect a certain amount of Blue Chips and/or rings, then return to the Ideya Palace.
- Sonic Lost World: The Blue Chips appear in the Nightmare Zone DLC, where they replace the rings in the level.
- The way the Blue Chips are scattered around when the visitors unfuse with NiGHTS is very similar to how the Rings in the Sonic the Hedgehog games are scattered around when Sonic is damaged.