NiGHTS into Dreams
At the beginning of every level, Elliot and Claris find NiGHTS inside an Ideya Palace. The visitors are capable of releasing NiGHTS for 120 seconds by dualizing with them. During this time, NiGHTS and the visitors recover Ideyas which were stolen by the Nightmarens and store them in the Palace. Once all four Ideyas are recovered, NiGHTS is presumably free from the Palace.
Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams
Ideya Palaces return to Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams, where once again, they are used to imprison NiGHTS and store Ideyas. In this game, the Ideya Palaces resemble cakes.
NiGHTS: Flying Through the Sky Without Wings
NiGHTS is playing flute, surrounded by Nightopians, when Reala appears and challenges them for a game to see who flies higher and faster. NiGHTS fails to notice that it's a trap and accepts Reala's challenge. It is when NiGHTS is distracted that Reala imprisons them inside an Ideya Palace and leaves. Later, Elliot releases NiGHTS from it.
NiGHTS Archie Comics
Wizeman imprisons both NiGHTS and Reala inside Ideya Palaces in the first Issue for a hundred years; NiGHTS for starting an uprising against the Nightmarens and Reala for failing to stop NiGHTS. Eventually, Snuze sends Elliot to release NiGHTS and Wizeman sends Roger to release Reala.
- NiGHTS into Dreams (LCD): The Ideya Palace appears in the LCD adaptation of NiGHTS into Dreams. Its function is the same as in NiGHTS into Dreams.
- Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX: An Ideya Palace makes a small appearance in the NiGHTS thematic pinball table from Casinopolis, when Sonic the Hedgehog falls from the pinball table's second floor.
- Phantasy Star Online and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg: Both games feature an 8-bit NiGHTS into Dreams mini game called NiGHTS ~ Score Attack ~, where the player controls NiGHTS through Spring Valley. NiGHTS must collect a certain amount of Blue Chips and/or rings, then return to the Ideya Palace.
- Sonic Pinball Party: Ideya Palaces appear in the NiGHTS pinball tables. When the player hits the Ideya Palace three times, they will activate the Dualize mode, which will make an Ideya Capture that the player will need to destroy under 180 seconds.
- Sonic Riders: An Ideya Palace can be briefly seen in the SEGA Carnival circuit, when the racers are rolling around the Twin Seeds tower.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: At the end of the river segment of the Dream Valley circuit, the racers pass through a giant Ideya Palace which transforms their boats into planes.
- According to the NiGHTS into Dreams Japanese website, Reala is responsible for imprisoning NiGHTS inside the Ideya Palaces. However, the only time this is shown on-screen is in the NiGHTS storybook.
- In Journey of Dreams, the Ideya Palaces are replaced by the NiGHTS Captures.