The Rings (also known as Loops) are floating circles, made of tiny orange orbs, that can be found throughout all of the levels in the NiGHTS games.
In all of the NiGHTS games, passing through a ring will add 10 points to the player's score and fill a little bit of the drill dash meter.
If NiGHTS passes through a ring during a link, the amount of points given will be 10 multiplied by the current amount of links.
The rings will disappear for a short period after NiGHTS passes through them.
- Power Ring: A ring made of blue and yellow orbs. When NiGHTS pass through this ring, they will get a yellow ribbon and a remix of Dreams Dreams will play for 10 seconds. During this time, the player can make stunts which increase the score. This ring only appears in NiGHTS into Dreams and Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams.
- Spike Ring: A ring made of spike orbs. NiGHTS must pass through this ring fast, otherwise it will damage NiGHTS and take five seconds from the time. This ring appears in all of the NiGHTS games.
- Green Ring: Much link the regular rings, this ring fills a little bit of the drill dash meter. However, this ring doesn't disappears when NiGHTS passes through it. This ring only appears in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.
- Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX: Rings appear in the NiGHTS thematic pinball table from Casinopolis. When Sonic successfully hits an Ideya Capture, he will starts flying through Twin Seeds and will pass through many rings.
- Phantasy Star Online and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg: Both games feature an 8-bit NiGHTS into Dreams mini game called NiGHTS ~ Score Attack ~, where the player controls NiGHTS through Spring Valley. NiGHTS must collect a certain amount of Blue Chips and/or rings, then return to the Ideya Palace.
- Sega Superstars: Rings apear in the NiGHTS into Dreams thematic mini game.
- Sonic Riders: The rings appear in the Sega Illusion circuit. If the racers pass through a ring, they will fly for a short period.
- Sega Superstars Tennis: Rings appear in the background of the NiGHTS tennis court.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: The rings appear in the Dream Valley circuit. Rings give boost to racers who pass through them.
- Sonic Lost World: Rings appear in the Nightmare Zone DLC. When Sonic passes through them, he will fly for a short peridot.