|“||You couldn't beat me if your life depended on it!||„|
|~ Roger, NiGHTS Archie Comics.|
Roger is a tall boy, with blonde spike hair, blonde eyebrows, fair skin and red eyes. He wears a red t-shirt with blue lines on the sleeves a upturned red collar with yellow hues, orange capris trousers, red socks and dark red shoes with blue and yellow trim.
NiGHTS into Dreams
Like Elliot, Roger is the leader of a basketball team, who challenges and defeats Elliot at his favorite hobby, then bullies and laughs at him, making Elliot feels really embarassed in front of his friends.
During Elliot's opening cutscene, Elliot dreams about this event, when suddently, Roger and his friends turn into Nightmarens and start laughing at Elliot, making Elliot run away.
Roger and his team don't make another appearance until Elliot's ending cutscene, where Elliot comes back for a rematch filled with courage to overcome his fear. Roger and his friends are defeated by Elliot and aren't seen since then.
NiGHTS Archie Comics
Roger is major character in the NiGHTS Archie Comics series, having much more personality and even some character development. Roger not only reprises his role in the game, but he also interacts with Claris Sinclair, goes to the Night Dimension, helps Reala and the Nightmarens fighting NiGHTS and even dualizes with Reala.
In the first issue, Elliot's team will have to face Roger's in two days, as Elliot was praticing, Roger shows up, steals the ball from Elliot, shows him how good he is at the sport and lastly humiliates Elliot. At the end of the first comic, Wizeman sends Roger to Nightmare and makes him dualize with Reala.
In the second issue, Reala and Roger switch bodies, through Roger's body, Reala interacts with Claris in the waking world, meanwhile in Nightmare, Wizeman tells Roger (who's in Reala's body) that he had been choosen by Wizeman because he saw Roger defeating Elliot the same way Reala defeated NiGHTS in the previous Issue.
In the third issue, Roger and Reala return to their respective bodies and Roger returns to the waking world. However, Roger and Reala are still connected and now, Roger gives Reala his dream energy, which makes the latter really powerful. After NiGHTS, Elliot and Claris defeat Wizeman, Elliot's and Roger's teams face each other and Elliot's team wins. As Reala is now the new ruler of the Nightmare and he is still receiving Roger's dream energy, he starts planning his attack with Roger's help.
In the fourth Issue, NiGHTS goes to the waking world and starts fading away. Off screen, Reala orders Roger to find NiGHTS and make sure they disappear. In the last page, Elliot and Claris see Roger carrying NiGHTS to his home.
In the fifth Issue, Roger leaves NiGHTS, who's very energy drained, laying on his house's basement to completely fade away. Elliot and Claris arrives at his house and meet up with Napp and Snuze, who go inside Roger's house and make him fall asleep by spraying a dust on his face so Elliot and Claris can go inside his house to save NiGHTS.
In the sixth Issue, Elliot and Claris take NiGHTS from Roger's house and start taking them to a portal to Nightopia located at the Twin Seeds tower. Meanwhile Roger, who still is sleeping, goes to Nightmare, where he meets up with Reala, who reveals to Roger that Elliot and Claris are escaping with NiGHTS and orders him to stop them. Roger wakes up and goes after NiGHTS. When NiGHTS was about to reach the portal, a sudden explosion at the tower combines with the energy of the ruby on NiGHTS chest and makes a portal open, which Reala uses to come to the real world. While NiGHTS and Reala start fighting, Roger meets up with Elliot and Claris who are watching the fight. At this moment they convince Roger to stop giving Reala his dream energy, which quickly makes Reala energy drained and weak, giving NiGHTS the opportunity to escape and return to Nightopia. After that, Elliot, Claris and Roger make one last appearance running away from Officer Oswald, a policeman who had previously appeared in the fourth issue where he apprehend Elliot and Claris for skipping out school, and was about to do it again while they were distracted.
In the Archie Comics, Roger is very arrogant and likes to act intimidating towards Elliot. However, he seems to be scared of the Nightmarens. This is shown in the Fifth Issue, where he showed vulnerability and screamed for help when Clawz tried to attack him.
Throughout the whole comic series, Roger wanted to stay away from the most troubles he could and never appeared to be on nobody's side. He helped Reala fighting NiGHTS because of fear, but at the same time, he also appeared to have a completely neutral vision towards NiGHTS and their problems.
When Roger helped NiGHTS defeating Reala in issue 6, Elliot and Claris asked him "how does it feel to do the right thing" and Roger answered "weird", implying Roger is a very bad person. There's also a moment where he questions to himself why does he always end up "playing the role of a bully", whenever he wants it or not, indicating that Roger may try to be a good person, but he always end up looking bad, most likely because of his strong selfish and arrogant personality.
By the end of Issue 6, Roger betrays the Nightmarens and indirectly helps NiGHTS. However, due to the series discontinuation, it is not possible to say if from that moment foward, Roger would join forces with Elliot and Claris and start helping NiGHTS or he'd just continue to try avoiding everything.
- Roger and Reala are very similar, as Reala is to NiGHTS what Roger is to Elliot: a rival with the same skills/abilities who's trying to prove to be the best.
- Like Reala, Roger also looks like his rival design wise, but with different colors. Roger and Reala also share red as one of their main colors.
- Reala and Roger's relationship in the Archie Comics is odd, as Reala appeared to be just using Roger as a tool and never appeared to care about him. Despite that, when Roger betrayed Reala in the sixth Issue, Reala said "No... After everything I did for him", indicating that Reala may have cared about Roger or appreciated his loyalty despite never showing it.
- Roger is one of the two characters who worked for the Nightmarens, but later betrayed them. The other is NiGHTS.
- According to the NiGHTS into Dreams English Manual, Roger is the star player of his team.
- When Roger finds Claris waking up in the second Issue of the Archie Comics series, he stands his hand for her and says "You look like you could use a hand!". In the fourth Issue, there is a reference to this scene, with Roger standing his hand for NiGHTS and saying "You SURE look like you could use a hand!" when he finds NiGHTS very weak and energy-drained.
- Roger's parents never appeared, neither in the games nor in the comics. Despite that, they are mentioned by Reala in the sixth issue of the NiGHTS Archie Comics series.
- Roger is the first and currently only visitor in the NiGHTS series to be an anti hero.
- During Will's opening cutscene in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Will is surrounded by blonde boys with red uniforms who look similar to Roger. Some of them even have Roger's haircut.
- Despite being his team's star member and Elliot's rival, Roger was not shown being turned into a Nightmaren during Elliot's dream/opening cutscene, only his friends were. Though, he could have turned into one off screen, as a third Nightmaren appeared out of nowhere after Roger's friends turning into Nightmarens.
- Roger's eyes are red in the game, brown in the first four Archie Comics and light blue in the the last two.
- There are also some panels in the first three Issues where Roger's eyes are yellow.
- Roger's age is never revealed. However, according to the NiGHTS into Dreams manual, he is older than Elliot. Therefore, Roger is either 16 or older.
- Roger's last name (Wilkeah) is only revealed in the fifth NiGHTS Archie Comic.