It is hard to tell what animal(s) Snips were based on (if any). They have a round white body with red cat-like eyes, a red hummingbird-like beak and two bug-like antennas as well as a mice-like tail with orange, yellow, green and blue stripes and a green orb on the top. They have small orangish red legs with big white feet that have sharp orange claws.
Once Elliot dualizes with NiGHTS, the Snips throughout the level will try to jump in front of NiGHTS and spit ice on them. If NiGHTS gets hit, they will be frozen and fall. Once NiGHTS hits the ground, the ice will break and they will be defrosted. This attack doesn't take five seconds from the timer.
Defeating a Snip will add 200 points for the player's score.
The Snip Mepians have a round white head, Snip's hummingbird-like beak and Snip's colorful bug-like antenna. Unlike Snip's eyes, the Snip Mepians eyes are round and completely red. Their torso is white, their arms have orange, yellow, green and cyan stripes and resemble Snip's antennas, and their hands is a green orb, resembling the orb onto of Snip's antennas. They have little white legs, and their feet are white with two small red claws on front and one in the back.
A Snip Mepian egg has a white top, a yellow bottom and a green stripe on the middle.
- Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams: Snip's render appears in the concept art.
- NiGHTS Flying Through the Sky Without Wings: A Snip makes a small appearance when the Nightmarens start attacking Nightopia.
- Sonic Pinball Party: Snips appear in the Frozen Bell table as enemies. Defeating a Snip adds 200 points to the score.
- Snips are the least common enemies in NiGHTS into Dreams. There are only two of them in the entire game, both that only appear in Frozen Bell's first lap.
- Snips are one of the three Nightmarens in NiGHTS into Dreams whose attacks won't take five seconds from the timer, the other two are Shleeps and Cuttles.
- Snips and Cuttles were the only third level Nightmarens in NiGHTS into Dreams who never stole a visitor's ideya at the beginning of the level.