Verols are green chameleon who have blue eyes, two yellow antennas and a long purple tongue. Their torso is green with purple stripes on the top and yellow on the bottom. Their tails are green with purple stripes and resemble a party blower.
NiGHTS into Dreams
Verols can only be found in Soft Museum. Once Claris enters the Nightopia, two Verols will steal two of her ideyas. After Claris dualize with NiGHTS, the Verols throughout the level will disguise themselves as Blue Chips to fool the player. Also, they'll sometimes turn into a ball, rise their spikes up and jump around the level. If they hit NiGHTS, the latter will be damaged and will lose five seconds.
Defeating a Verol will add 200 points for the player's score.
The Verol Mepians have a triangular green head with blue eyes, yellow lower lip and yellow antennas similar to Verol's. Their torso is green with a yellow spot on the front and a purple stripe on the back. Their arms and legs are green with two yellow fingers. Their back also have four green spikes.
A Verol Mepian egg is green with a purple stripe and a few small yellow spikes.
- Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams: Verol's render appears in the concept art.
- NiGHTS Flying Through the Sky Without Wings: A Verol makes a small appearance when the Nightmarens start attacking Nightopia. The Verol tries to eat a Nightopian.
- Sonic Pinball Party: Verols appear in the Soft Museum table as enemies. Defeating a Verol adds 200 points to the score.
- When the Verols disguise themselves as blue chips in the Sega Saturn version of NiGHTS into Dreams, they will keep their antennas, while in the HD remasters of the game, they will turn into a transparent blue chip.
- Verols were replaced by Murtles in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.
- Verols are one of the four Nightmarens who know how to shapeshift. The others are NiGHTS, Reala and Murtles.
- Despite having a long purple tongue in their concept art, neither the in-game Verols nor the Verol Mepians have it.